High-Quality Podiatry Services in Jackson, TN
At Family Foot Care Center in Jackson, TN, podiatry service means a full range of diagnostic and treatment capabilities, thanks to our staff experience and state-of-the-art equipment to examine patients quickly, painlessly, and accurately. We only get one pair of feet in our lifetime, but our active lives can result in injury or slow chronic problems, so do yourself a favor and visit our office regularly to find and address problems before they get in the way of being up and about, doing the things you enjoy.
Our podiatry services address specific needs of patients at different ages and with different lifestyles. From growing young children to sports enthusiasts, our services protect against injury and promote healing and health. Some common foot problems we address include:
- Fractures and sprains in the foot and ankle, which are especially common in sports injuries or serious falls. Family Foot Care Center can speed you along the way to full recovery and offer recommendations to avoid another painful accident.
- Bone problems like bunions, hammertoes, or heel spurs. A bunion develops when the joint at the base of the big toe is inflamed or knocked out of place, bending the toe toward the others. A hammertoe is similar, but in this case, the toe doesn’t bend the right way, causing stiffness and discomfort. Meanwhile, a heel spur on the back of the foot is a buildup of hard calcium on the heel bone, eventually making shoes painful or difficult to wear.
- Circulation problems related to diabetes can actually cause significant problems in your feet. Without normal levels of the insulin hormone to digest sugars, diabetes can damage the nerves in your feet, so you may not get enough blood to your feet. Cold feet, swelling, sores, and other symptoms can be mildly uncomfortable, but you should see a podiatrist immediately to avoid more serious complications or even amputation.
- Arthritis and joint inflammation that makes movement painful.
- Nail disorders, athlete’s foot, fungal infections, ingrown toenails, and other external skin conditions.
Contact our team
You may be experiencing some pain or discomfort in your feet, but even if you don’t know what’s causing the problem or what services you need, that’s OK. Call our office to schedule an appointment, and Dr. Cawthon will perform a full examination of the area you’re concerned about. As a licensed podiatrist, he has decades of experience diagnosing foot problems related to the skin, nails, bones, muscles, and nerves, so our office can understand the problem and make an effective treatment plan to get you up on your feet. It’s also a good idea to bring your whole family in for regular visits, where we can check for problems in growth and development or sports injury early on to avoid serious pain, expense, and recovery time in the future.